Saturday 4 February 2017

"We The People" (or AWI revisited)

I find myself taking "up arms against the King" in defence of his subjects against the misguided  
rule of administrators and beauracrats intent in lining their own pockets with the hard earned monies of loyal subjects. [Editor's note: It is early AWI.]

Until this injustice is resolved and his Majesty comes to his senses I am tasked with the destruction of a small fort, called George, and the capitulation of its garrison. The "operational committee game" will provide scenarios for "others" to tactically follow through with the "Higher Cmmand's" (three undiscovered great minds of the enlightenment) lofty instructions.

Naturally this means time to go straight up into the loft to the tin marked "AWI" which reveals the Perry AWI British Infantry project .. see previous AWI work.. only one of which is painted though (see below):


These being the "Badies" temptation rests on my shoulders to go get a box of "Goodies" but only if I complete the British Project first .. talk about carrot and stick.

3 comments:

Monty said...

Must admit I like the period, but am put off by the uniforms; far too detailed... :(

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

I know what you mean Monty .. I found the Wargames, Soldiers and Strategy painting a life saver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NYhKFil6D0

I now need to switch into "factory" or "batch" mode

Monty said...

Cheers!