Saturday 22 June 2013

Note to Self: Blogger Posting Settings

I recently experimented with "Blog Comments" settings.

I made two changes:
  • The first was allowing "anon" users to post
  • The second was to drop word verification off the postings
The former was a disaster as "Spam Gate" ensued, thankfully they came to my email account first for approval still so I could spot them and mark them as 'spam'. The second does not seem to have caused any issues yet. Comments from fellow bloggers experienced appreciated as it is nice to try and improve the user experience.

It just seems so much of a pity that there is so much mindless spam on the Internet :(

4 comments:

James Brewerton said...

Yes I only let registered users comment stops all the spam for me.

Monty said...

I got hit by a load of spam recently and am considering using word verification, although have held of so far...

Chris Kemp said...

I have dropped verification from one of my blogs with no ill effects so far. Perhaps I've just been lucky to date?

Kind regards, Chris

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Thanks for your passing your thoughts and experiences