Tuesday 12 March 2013

Battalion Attack: Fire and Movement - Board Part IV

So ... this is what I should have done in the first place, hexagons pointing up (long grain as per 'rice'[?], see below):


Seeing as I had painted out a  completely different sized board it seemed such a darned pity to 'waste' a useful game board by covering it up again, hence I transferred the hexagons to an alternative 'fresh' board (see below):


The new board got two coats of undercoat black (see below), a darkish brow/black house hold matt paint we (as in the family) had inherited after moving in to the new house. It was the leftover paint for a wall that was top of the list to paint another colour. I had silently spied out this colour for a' wargame' use a long time ago and now Maitland this was your time, sorry getting a little carried away.


The forlorn, but useful hexagaons are stacked in a quiet corner (see below): 


This was also the perfect opportunity while the black/brown under coat was drying to seal up the edges of the hexagons a brownish colour, I had noticed an annoyingly small amount of white showing through in the original set-up (see below, hexagons left to dry over night): 


Then a trail run. Do they fit? There is a slight overhang to the left but I can live with that (see below):


Next: Sticking it down "again" (or should I say "hopefully stuck down and staying down this time")

3 comments:

Prufrock said...

Looking good! Very interesting to follow your progress with this, and great to see your. Just one thing though, If I were you I would think seriously getting a slightly bigger board. After putting all this effort into it you might regret it if you leave the overhang; but then again, you might not!

Cheers,
Aaron

Paul said...

A real labour of love Geordie. Well done for sticking to the course.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Time will tell if I regret the 'slight' overhand (gnashing and wailing if I bust the three overhanging hexagons - yes I can see it coming too)

However I am assuming this is a "prototype" so there may yet be small/major modifications to come

Paul it ain't quite finished yet as I have to retell the adventures I had with the glue gun ;)