Saturday 22 December 2012

Little Planes, Little Planes ..."Look to the Skies"

Well I have a 'bundle' (and am always on the lookout for more) of these 1/144 scale WW2 fighter aircraft from Revell. I have started gluing them together, see my first Spitfire MkI below:


Thankfully they are a "quick build" (see below):
  • Hawher Hurricane MkI
  • Supermarine Spitfire MkI
  • Hawker Tempest MkV x 3


The plan is build up the Allied fighters into (multiple) sections of three and the German Fighters into multiple Schwarms of four. Bombers will just have to "come as they please" in dribs and drabs, as building up formations of those is quite painful money, time and effort.  

4 comments:

James Brewerton said...

nice I have a simular project on the go but with 1/285 scale plastic casts, I have about 170 with bombers and fighters just need to work out how to mount them and get painting. Will keep a close eye on your progress as I will need a nudge to get mine done
Peace James

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

That's a lot of planes!

Have you settled on a rule set yet?

Paul said...

I have more than a few of these 1/144 scale aircraft, but they are all modern/Cold War types...And all seem to be Allied types.

I should really give them a outing to the refurbishment hanger.

It will be good to see the outcome of your collections.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Good thing about jets if you do air war,is that most rule sets seem to need less of them than the WWII dogfight equivalenta